LOCATION: WHO-TV, Des Moines
POSTING DATE: (11/2/2012)
POSITION TITLE: Full-time News Tape Editor
REPORTS TO: News Director
PURPOSE FOR THE POSITION: Responsible for editing video and sound segments of newscasts.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Ability to edit video and sound.
- Ability to read scripts.
- Ability to handle deadline pressure.
- Ability to work closely with coworkers.
- Ability to follow a schedule.
- Ability to see, hear, talk, read and write.
- Ability to behave maturely.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer literate.
- College degree in broadcasting or journalism or professional experience in related field.
- Must be familiar with general principals of photojournalism.
- Must have working knowledge of avid editing equipment.
- Must have dexterity.
- Internal contacts: All station personnel
- External contacts: General public
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If interested in this position, please email resume to Rod.Peterson@whotv.com or deliver resume to 1801 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM. Fax information to (515) 242-3571.
Local TV, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer