Hello and Happy Monday, gang!
I have that Bangles song, “Manic Monday” stuck in my head. Today hasn’t been particularly manic for me, but the part of the chorus “I wish it was Sunday, ’cause that’s my fun day, my I don’t have to run day…” is ringing true for me. It’s just so gorgeous outside right now and I would love to be soaking up some sun, reading a good book or reading mindless magazines. While we’re on the topic of mindless … here are random thoughts that have been rolling around in my head lately:
* “Ellen” is now on from 4-5pm, right before Sonya and I hit the air. Yay!
* In two weeks, “Leno” takes over the 9-10pm spot right before John and I hit the air. Yay!
* “America’s Got Talent” is mindless, and fun to watch.
* Have you ever noticed that most soap opera stars never change? I often see the beginning of “Days of Our Lives” since it comes on right after the Channel 13 News at Noon and it’s frightening how Bo and Hope and the rest of the gang look just like they did when I watched the show in college. That is some crazy plastic surgery.
* When I’m standing in line at the grocery store do I really need to see celebrity cellulite? Why has this become such an obsession? Is it supposed to make me feel better about the pint of ice cream in my cart?
* Do you say “donut holes” or “donut balls”?
* I love peanut butter.
* Shopping at Victoria’s Secret is so entertaining, on so many different levels.
* I’m seeing 80s styles in a lot of magazines and catalogues these days, and I am horrified. I already pegged my jeans, wore slouchy sweaters and leggings, ratted my hair, purchased neon clothing, and owned jackets with huge shoulder pads. Not … doing … it. No. Way.
* I refuse to wear the 80s styles again, but I still love the music. I usually can’t remember what I did yesterday but I can still sing all of the lyrics to anything sung by Madonna, Joan Jett, Prince, Bon Jovi, Pat Benatar, INXS, Duran Duran, Journey … you get the idea.
* My latest ear worm is “Party In The U.S.A.” by Miley Cyrus. God help me.
* I’ve always wanted red hair. Should I go for it?
* The first Football Friday was great. I love this time of year.
* My birthday is four weeks from tomorrow and I can’t figure out how I got this old.
* It’s 4:07pm and I can’t figure out how it got so late!!!
Have a great week!