Banana Recipes (Dole)
Grilled Banana Boats
2 Dole bananas, unpeeled
1 bar of milk chocolate, broken into pieces
1 cup mini marshmellows
1. Cut a slice lengthwise, but not through, each unpeeled banana. Spread banana slightly apart and place chocolate pieces and marshmellows in cut. Grill over medium high heat, chocolate side up, 10 to 12 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Serve warm and scoop right out of peel.
At a campfire or beach BBQ alternative when a grill isn’t available, wrap bananas in foil and carefully place directly in fire.
Island Kababs with Tropical Fruit Salsa
2 ripe firm Dole bananas, peeled and cut into 6 pieces
1 ripe Dole banana, peeled and diced
12 chunks Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple
16 extra large or jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 green or red pepper, cut into 8 pieces
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 mango, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp chopped mint
1 Dole green onion, minced
2 to 3 tsp mince jalapeno pepper
1. Thread 12 banana pieces, shrimp and bell pepper pieces onto skewers. Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, and allspice in same bowl. Brush 2 tbsp over kabobs. Combine remaining with diced banana, mango, mint, green onion, and jalapeno pepper place in a serving dish.
2. Grill kabobs over medium high heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or until shrimp are opaque. Arrange the kabobs on top of the salsa.
Terriyaki Pork Chops with Grilled Bananas
1 lb boneless pork chops (3 to 4)
2 large firm Dole bananas
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp cornstarch
2 cups hot cooked rice
2 tbsp sliced Dole green onions
1 tbsp sesame seed
1. Combine sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar, and oil in small bowl. Remove 2 tbsp sherry mixture and brush on pork chops and bananas.
2. Grill pork chops 8 to 10 minutes on each side until cooked through. Grill bananas 2 to 3 minutes on each side until heated through. Cut each into 1 inch pieces. Combine remaining sherry mixture and cornstarch in small saucepan; cook, stirring until thickened.
3. Arrange pork and bananas over rice on serving plate; drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.
For more banana recipes, visit Dole’s website here.