I spent Saturday afternoon manning Channel 13’s “Cast Your Kernel” booth at the Iowa State Fair. The object is simple. Fair-goers chose who they want Iowa’s next governor to be by placing a corn kernel in a mason jar representing either Terry Branstad or Chet Culver. Below is a top ten list of the most frequent questions and comments uttered during my time at the booth.
10. Who are you? You work at Channel 13?
9. I listen to you guys on the radio all the time.
8. Where’s the jar to vote for neither?
7. Where’s the jar to vote for Jonathan Narcisse?
6. There’s a chunk of corndog stuck in your front tooth.
5. How do I get to the backgammon tournament?
4. What’s the deal with Brandon Wegher?
3. I was on Channel 13 one time three years ago. Can you get me a copy of that?
2. Hot enough for ya?!?
1. Where’s Ed Wilson?
Gotta love the State Fair.