- I’ll keep it brief, because it’s 12:30 AM and I just finished looking through more SoundOff tapes. Sunday is our 700th show, and we’re going to show a lot of clips from the first 699. This week is one of the rare times I wish I worked at a network where a staff of dozens goes through all the tape. Here, it’s me. It has provided me with laughs and cringes. I also can make the time by my hair getting shorter and grayer.
- I’ve warmed to the idea of honoring Johnny Orr with a statue at Hilton Coliseum. I pushed for the Johnny Orr Court, or Orr Floor, but Cyclone fans can’t really have their picture taken with a wooden court. They’ll gather around the Orr statue the way Bulls fans do with Michael Jordan at the United Center. That’s better for a guy like Johnny who’s always at his best making fans smile.
- It’s only preseason, but the Packers sure looked great Thursday night. 59 points! If only fantasy season had begun.
- The Cardinals are making Andy Fales, Bill Fennelly, and Dave Price really grumpy.
- Back to the video tapes. Please join us for SoundOff 700 Sunday night at 10:30 PM. We’re back to an hour.
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.