- Just what the doctor ordered for a hangover: Ball State.
- LOVED Iowa’s throwback uniforms, wish they were in gold instead of yellow, but why quibble. If the Hawkeyes had worn those uneys all along, they’d now be considered classics, like Alabama and Penn State.
- Kirk Ferentz owns Penn State. After Saturday, he’ll be 8-2 vs. Joe Paterno.
- ISU did what a Big 12 team should do to one from the Missouri Valley: won easily. It didn’t quite feel like 27-0, but it sure as heck was nothing like 2007 when UNI dominated Iowa State.
- I don’t think Austen Arnaud or Jerome Tiller has done anything to win or lose the starting quarterback job. If I were Paul Rhoads, I’d go with the hot hand. For now, that’s Tiller, but I wouldn’t hesitate to switch back. Nothing to lose, and coming off the bench could relieve some of the pressure Arnaud puts on himself.
- The NFL must be relieved both Favre and the Cowboys won. The league wants those two in the playoffs in a big way.
- Sunday I watched several adults yell at the officials at a pee-wee football game for first and second graders—6 and 7 year-olds. That’s downright sad.
- Here’s a sign how great Pixar movies are. I could never get one of the older kids to accept an invitation to sit down and watch, say, Finding Nemo, Cars, Monsters Inc, or Toy Story—but if the teens come in when one’s playing, they’re always hooked. A good story is a good story.
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.