- The Hilton Coliseum White Out looked great on ESPN2 Monday night. It looked like there wasn’t an empty seat on the lower level. Chris Hassel let me on a clever secret. Iowa State put a white T-shirt on any unoccupied chair (though there weren’t many down low). Smart.
- Iowa State held off Texas in OT. Cyclones needed that one.
- A big “Get Well Soon” for Hawkeye legend Ed Podolak. As first reported by the Des Moines Register, Podolak was crossing the street when hit by a car. He’s in the hospital, but should recover.
- It’s good to have Brad Banks in Des Moines. He always seems positive. I hope Banks makes the Barnstormers.
- The Vikings put the franchise tag on one of Banks’ former Hawkeye teammates, Chad Greenway. As things stand now, and they’ll change, Greenway would make $10 million next season.
- There will be a new champion in 4A boys basketball. Marshalltown knocked out Ames—something the Bobcats enjoyed.
- Carmelo Anthony is a Knick. The NBA is better when the Knicks matter. Plus, I’m just glad we don’t have to hear more breathless updates on ESPN. This Melo deal feels like it took 18 months.
- My son, Colin, is home sick with strep throat and a temp of 103 degrees. If there’s anything worse than being sick, it’s having one of your kids miserable.
- One morale boost for Colin was a visit from the tooth fairy. It wasn’t The Rock. Or Billy Crystal
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.