Oven Roasted Tomatoes
3 ea Roma Tomatoes
0.5 tsp salt
0.5 tsp black pepper
0.5 tsp granulated garlic
0.5 tsp paprika
0.5 tsp cayenne
0.5 tsp corriander
0.5 tsp cumin
0.5 tsp chili powder
1 tsp sugar
1 ea zest of lime
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and place cut side up on baking pan.
3. Mix all dry ingredients and sprinkle on top of tomatoes.
4. Place in oven for about 3 hours until tomatoes are almost completely dried.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
6. Dice tomatoes and mix with lime zest.
Almond Red Pepper Mole
1 tsp garlic
2 tsp shallot
1 tsp oil
2 ea red peppers
3 tbl tequilla
3 tbl toasted almonds
0.5 ea dried ancho chili
0.5 cup heavy cream
2.5 cup chicken stock
to taste salt and pepper
1. Over medium low heat saute shallot, garlic and red peppers for two minutes.
2. Deglaze pan with tequila and reduce to dry.
3. Add toasted almonds, ancho, cream and chicken stock.
4. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and puree in a blender.
6 ea snapper filets - cut in half
1.5 tbl cilantro
1.5 tbl garlic
1.5 tbl shallot
0.75 tsp jalapeno
3 tbl red bell pepper
0.3 cup oil
1. Mix all ingredients and pour over snapper.
2. Marinate for an hour.
3. Heat oil in the bottom of a saute pan until it ripples.
4. Season snapper with salt and pepper, place fresh side down in pan.
5. Reduce heat to medium low, and continue to sear flesh.
6. Turn fish to sear skin side.
7. When flesh spring back when pressed the fish is done.
8. Remove from pan and allow to rest while beans are prepared.
White Beans for Snapper
2 cups cooked or canned navy beans
2 ea shallot, sliced
1 tbl garlic
1 cup oven roasted tomatoes (see recipe)
3 tbl white wine
1 tbl cold butter
1 tbl cilantro
1. Heat saute pan over medium high heat and coat pan with oil.
2. Add shallots and garlic, saute until aromatic.
3. Add beans and tomatoes and heat through.
4. Add wine and cook out alcohol, stir in butter until creamy.
5. Stir in cilantro and serve.
For more information on Dos Rios, visit their website here.