This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- Gary Dolphin will fight. The Voice of the Hawkeyes has prostate cancer. Dolph says doctors caught the cancer early, and he’s ready for aggressive radiation. Dolph expects he’ll miss no Iowa games. We should hear, “Touchdown Iowa!” in less than a month.
- Dolph’s cancer hit me hard, as I’m sure it did many people. He learned of it not long after we spent a weekend laughing at Wedding Crashers lines and Chris Hassel “Ask Gary” skits. No one ever knows when cancer will come calling, but it seems it gets close to all of us sooner or later.
- Get well soon, Dolph. You can send Gary your well wishes online. Here’s where:
- Can’t remember a more perfect day for baseball than Wednesday’s day game at Principal Park. It was hard to leave.
- Sean Keeler is terrific on the radio. Someone should get this guy a show, though not from 2-4 p.m.
- Pat Angerer will start at linebacker for the Colts. Anyone who saw Pat play at Bettendorf or Iowa is not surprised.
- Has there ever been a more unlikely hitting streak than the one by Dan Uggla?
- Nice of the Cubs to add a Ron Santo statue. Too bad it happened after Santo died. He would have loved it. I miss hearing Santo agonize or rejoice over the Cubs. He always sounded like a diehard fan, which I guess he was.
- Texas A&M isn’t going to join the SEC, but the Aggies will try make us think they will just to make a point about how annoying Texas is in the new Big 12.
- I like the state fair. My wife would rather rearrange a sock drawer. We’re going. The socks will stay a mess.