TAX HELP: Free Tax Clinics Saturday
If you made less than $50,000 last year, you’re eligible for free tax help.
The United Way of Central Iowa has three free tax clinics Saturday.
Neveln Center at 406 School Street St., Room 202
Starts January 24th
Hours: Tuesdays 9-1:30, Wednesdays 5-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays 9-4:30
Call 2-1-1 to schedule an appointment
Park Fair Mall at 100 East Euclid, Lower Level
(Des Moines Housing office)
Starts March 1st
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 5-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-3:30
Open March and April only
United Way of Central Iowa at 1111 9th St.
Starts January 23rd
Hours: Mondays 5-7:30 p.m., Tuesdays 9-1:30,
Wednesdays 5-7:30 p.m., Fridays 9-1:30 and Saturdays 9-4:30
ITINS and Spanish-language assistance available Saturdays from 9-2
Here’s a list of things to bring with you to your tax appointment:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package if you received one
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number)
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.