PORCH FIRE: Cigarette Causes Apartment Damage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

Urbandale firefighters put out a porch fire at an apartment complex Sunday afternoon.

Crews were called the West Pointe apartments around 2 p.m. Sunday.  Fire fighters believe that a cigarette inside a can on the porch ignited the fire.

Crews were able to contain the fire to the outside wall of the building.

Officials say they see these kinds of fires more often than they'd like.

The fire caused about ten thousand dollars in damage.

Officials say once the flames were out, everyone returned home.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.