Flood Warning

SCHOOL FIRE: Small Fire At Lincoln South

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Students at Lincoln South in Des Moines are back in class after a small fire at the school Thursday morning.

Firefighters were called to the school on Porter at around 11:00 a.m.

They say a fire started in a stall in a bathroom on the second floor.  When firefighters arrived, they say they found a spoon and a sponge in a bathroom stall that caught fire. 

Firefighters say the fire was already out, and it did very little damage to the bathroom.

Students were evacuated for a short time before returning to class.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.