CHIMNEY FIRE: West Des Moines Home Damaged

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

West Des Moines fire crews say nobody was injured in a house fire Friday morning.

Crews were called to 6220 Ashworth a little before 4:30 a.m.

When firefighters got to the scene, they saw smoke and fire near the home’s chimney, and someone on top of the roof trying to put out the flames with a garden hose.

Firefighters say the fire was quickly brought under control.

Fire investigators say the family had a fire burning in the fireplace during the night, and they think the fire started in the chimney.

Damage to the home is estimated at $50,000.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.