Flood Warning

MORNING FIRE: Johnston Business Damaged

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Johnston firefighters say considering how hot it is, they are thankful a fire they responded to Tuesday happened in the morning and not in the afternoon.

Officials were called to a fire at 5550 Johnston Drive at a business suite around 4:30 a.m.

The chief says the fire started outside in the back of a pharmaceutical business. He says at first it looked suspicious but after reviewing video surveillance footage the fire started from a cigarette.

Firefighters were initially called to the scene after smoke triggered the burglary alarm. No one was injured.

Damage is estimated between $5,000 and $7,000

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.