GRINNELL BLAZE: Children Start House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Courtesy: Duane McClun

Authorities say a house fire in Grinnell was sparked by children playing with matches.

Fire crews responded to 1808 Third Avenue around 2 p.m. Monday.

The first started in the second floor bedroom.

Smoke detectors did activate and allowed everyone in the home to get out safely.

One firefighter was taken to the hospital by ambulance for heat exhaustion.

The fire caused an estimated $20,000 in damage.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.