APARTMENT FIRE: Sprinklers Put Out Flames

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The Des Moines Fire Department says a sprinkler system helped keep a fire from spreading at an apartment complex for seniors.

Fire crews were called to South View Senior Living Apartments at 1900 SE 6th Street around 1:30 Thursday. When they arrived they found a fire on a stove in one of the apartments. The sprinkler system in the apartment quickly put out the fire.

No one was injured and officials say the damage was contained to one apartment.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.