Excessive Heat Warning

BIN FIRE: Corn Burned Near Beaman

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire crews responded to a grain bin fire Tuesday in Marshall County.

The Beaman Fire Department was called to the 19,000 mile of 100th Street, about a mile south of Beaman, around 2:52 p.m. Tuesday. The bin is owned by Stan Neff.

The fire was in the top part of the grain bin and firefighters used a bucket truck to cut a hole near the top of the bin to drain the burnt corn. About 5,000 bushels of corn were drained from the grain bin.

Officials say they believe the cause of the fire to be electrical.

The Conrad Fire Department, the Grundy County Sheriff’s Office, and first responders assisted at the scene of the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.