URBANDALE FIRE: Alarm Saves Woman, Pets Missing

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

An Urbandale homeowner fears she may have lost her pets to a house fire.

Crews were called to a home on Palm Avenue around 7:45 p.m. Friday.

When firefighters arrived they say the house was filled with smoke. They say the fire started in the basement but they don't know the cause yet.

The homeowner says her smoke detectors saved her life.

"I was watching TV downstairs and all of a sudden the alarm went off upstairs. That’s why you should always have fire alarms. Then all of a sudden the house started filling with smoke,” homeowner Kitty Pappas said.

Pappas says there is no sign of her three cats.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.