KITCHEN FIRE: Windsor Heights Hy-Vee Affected

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The Windsor Heights Hy-Vee is back open after a small fire in the kitchen Wednesday morning closed the store.

The store director tells us at around 4:00 a.m. a bucket with some hot coals melted causing excessive smoke in the store. That triggered the fire alarm, and when firefighters got there they had no problem extinguishing the smoldering bucket.

The store had to close down for about four hours while a health inspector made sure food in the store was not damaged by the smoke.

There was no property damage and thankfully no one was hurt.


Comments are closed.