LIVE SCORES: High School Football Championship Games

Two Firefighters Treated for Smoke Inhalation at Cargill Plant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

IOWA FALLS, Iowa — Two firefighters were treated for smoke inhalation while on the job in Iowa Falls.

A fire started at a Cargill plant there Wednesday afternoon.

Investigators think the fire began in a grain and bean dryer.

The smoldering beans let off thick smoke that led officials to direct traffic on nearby roads.

“You couldn’t see me to you four feet away from the smoke running across the road,” said Bob Hildreth with the North Hardin County Rescue Squad.

The two firefighters were treated and released from a hospital.

No one else was hurt.

It’s not yet clear how much damage the fire caused.