Two Ames Residents Injured in Overnight Apartment Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

AMES, Iowa- An overnight apartment fire sent two Ames residents to the hospital. According to a news release from Ames Fire Department Deputy Chief, Paul Sandoval, the department was called out at 1:00 a.m. Sunday to 3824 Tripp Street on the west side of Ames.

Upon arrival, fire fighters learned that the residents had used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire.  Firefighters went inside to assure all the flames were extinguished

Two residents of the apartment were injured and taken to the hospital for treatment. No word on their condition.

The news release said the cause of the fire was a candle too close to combustible material. Damage to the building and contents is estimated at around $2,000.

No other residents of the apartment building were displaced by the fire.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.