Decorah Eagle Dies, Fourth Death Caused by Electrocution

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DECORAH, Iowa – Officials from the Raptor Resource Project announced the last remaining bird from 2014 that remains in the wild was electrocuted.

The organization said the eagle was found lying underneath a utility pole on Tuesday. The project said this was the fourth eagle to die from electrocution.

“Urban eagles, including our beloved Decorah family, are exposed to power poles and other man-made structures,” the project said on Sunday. “The pole was unsafe and (a consultant) made suggestions to improve the safety of this pole and other poles in the area. We brought them forward to Alliant Energy/Interstate Power and Light and are waiting for a response from them.”

You can watch the popular Eagle Cam here.

 

 

1 Comment

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.