POLK COUNTY, Iowa -- Nearly two dozen people were arrested during a prostitution sting on Tuesday.
The Mid-Iowa Narcotics Enforcement Task force set up the sting at local motel in Polk County.
“The Mid-Iowa Narcotics Task Force is comprised of Polk County sheriff’s deputies, other deputies from other counties surrounding us, as well as other officers from other departments," said Sgt. Brandon Bracelin of the Polk County Sheriff's Office.
From 12-11:30 p.m., a total of 20 people were arrested and charged with prostitution/soliciting prostitution, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.
Officials say they began the operation after receiving several complaints from local business owners and citizens reporting that suspicious activity was taking place at local motels in town.
“We want any operation, whether that be narcotics or in this case prostitution, to be safe so it does take some planning some cooperation with local businesses and citizens and it was successful," said Sgt. Bracelin.
Police say the sting involved using an online ad but would not name the website used.
The list of people charged are as follows, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office:
- Scott Lockwood, 51, of Altoona
- Jeff Curnes, 49, of Urbandale
- Enrique Escalante, 35, of Johnston
- Nathan Miltenberger, 35, of Des Moines
- Wilson Cardoza, 30, of Norwalk
- Artem Yelfimov, 23, of West Des Moines
- Tommy Birch, 31, of Des Moines
- Christopher Mead, 30, of Waukee
- Terry Gibson, 54, of Dallas Center
- David Greenspon, 58, of West Des Moines
- Ray Dyer, 58, of Des Moines
- Jeffrey Pershel, 55, of Des Moines
- Edgar Mosqueda-Meza, 30, of Des Moines
- Eleazar Ronquillo, 39, of Des Moines
- Kevin Lane, 27, of Phoenix, Arizona
- Daniel Clark, 57, of Des Moines
- Timothy Tracy, 53, of Des Moines
- David Tibbetts, 42, of Urbandale
- Hunter McNeeley, 20, of Indianola
- Sasha Cook, 28, of Des Moines
Cardoza and Ronquillo did not have identification and/or the officers who arrested them were unable to verify information.