DES MOINES, Iowa — A portion of Gray’s Lake Park is closing Tuesday morning.
The southeast parking lot will be blocked off at 8:00 a.m. until Monday morning.
The closure allows crews to prepare for the Iron Kids and Des Moines Triathlon this weekend. More of Gray’s Lake Park and dozens of roads will be closed in days leading up to the events.
- Beach parking lot: Closed Friday, September 4 – Sunday, September 6
- Southwest parking lot: Closed Saturday, September 5 – Sunday, September 6
- Northwest parking lot and main entrance: Closed September 5 and 6 from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day
- The concession stand will remain open but there will be no boat rentals during the events.
- Yoga in the Park will move to Union Park (725 Thompson Avenue) on Saturday, September 5, 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
Some trails will be impacted as well:
- Kruidenier Trail on Saturday, September 5 from 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Sunday, September 6 from 6:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Meredith Trail from SW 28th Street to Principal Park Sunday, September 6 from 5 a.m. – 12 p.m.