No One Injured in Fire at Des Moines Duplex

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Des Moines firefighters responded to a fire at a duplex early Thursday morning.

Crews were called around 4:00 a.m. after a fire was discovered at 113 E. McKinley. Officials say the two residents of one side of the duplex noticed the fire and woke the residents of the other side of the duplex. They all got out of the building safely.

Officials say the fire began in the basement with a candle. The fire was contained to one side of the duplex but there is smoke damage on the other side.

The occupants of the duplex where the fire started did not have renter’s insurance.

Google Map for coordinates 41.540427 by -93.614023.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.