On the day the PredictionMachine.com said Iowa is the third most likely team to win the national championship, the number Hawkeyes dominated Penn State.
Here are some notes from U of Iowa, highlights and interviews from Michael Admire.
The fifth-ranked University of Iowa men’s basketball team improved to 18-4 overall and 9-1 in conference play after topping Penn State, 73-49, inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Wednesday night.
- Iowa has won 15 straight home games, dating back to last February. The Hawkeyes are 12-0 at home this season.
- Eight of Iowa’s nine conference wins have come by double figures.
- Iowa’s 9-1 start in conference play is its best start since starting 9-1 in 1981-82.
- Northwestern’s 49 points are the least allowed by Iowa all season.
- Adam Woodbury grabbed a career-high 15 rebounds -- 10 in the first half -- in 22 minutes of action tonight. His 13 defensive rebounds were the most by a Hawkeye since Kurt Looby (Nov. 13, 2006 vs. Citadel). Woodbury has grabbed 10 or more boards six times this season, including four of the last five games.
- Jarrod Uthoff scored 14 points, grabbed three rebounds, and blocked five shots. He has blocked five or more shots in six games this season.
The Hawkeyes return to action on Sunday for a road contest at Illinois (10-12, 2-7). Tipoff is slated for 12 p.m. (CT) and the game will be broadcast live on BTN.