Kitchen Fire Erupts at Des Moines Restaurant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.
(Justin Surrency/WHO-HD)

(Justin Surrency/WHO-HD)

DES MOINES, Iowa -- A Des Moines restaurant was evacuated Monday afternoon after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Firefighters were called to China One International Buffet at 2301 Ingersoll Ave. around 4 p.m. after smoke and flames were seen coming from the roof.

Everyone was evacuated, including four people dining, and no serious injuries were reported.

Fire crews determined the fire started in the kitchen, possibly a grease fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.