The yards are very dry and crunchy due to the lack of rain this summer. Earl May's Mark Thoms has some tips on how to revitalize your yard.
- Mowing: Mow grass to a high of 2.5" to 3". This will help the grass retain moisture.
- Watering: Water your grass two times a week, each area for 30 minutes. Grass needs 1" of water a week.
- Grub Control: Spread a grub control and water in to prevent future bug problems.
- Fertilize: Apply on application of summer fertilizer, which is low in nitrogen, to feed your yard.
- Planning for Fall: Start planning your overseeding plan for the Fall.