SCORES: State Wrestling Tournament
Wind Chill Advisory

House Fire Displaces Three People on Friday Morning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(WHO-HD)

DES MOINES, Iowa  —  Three people in Des Moines now find themselves without a home just days before Christmas.

Aa passerby reported a fire around 10:30 on Friday morning in the 700 block of Clinton Avenue. Fire officials say the flames started in the kitchen.

(WHO-HD)

Three people who lived in the home made it out safely, but two pet cats died from smoke inhalation.

The Red Cross is providing assistance. At this time, officials believe it may have been an electrical fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.