‘Careless Discarding of Smoking Materials’ Caused Marshalltown Fire, Officials Say

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WHO-HD

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa  —  Flames damaged a building in Marshalltown on Saturday after officials say smoking materials were carelessly discarded.

The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the area of North 10th Avenue and East Main Street shortly after 4 a.m. on Saturday. When they arrived, crews found a fire on the deck in the rear of the structure that threatened to spread into the residence. Firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames before the residence was affected.

No one was injured in the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.