One Dead After Carbon Monoxide Leak in Newton Apartment Building

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEWTON, Iowa  --  One person died and an apartment building was evacuated due to carbon monoxide in Newton.

The Newton Daily News says the deceased person was found on Monday at the Meadowbrook Apartments. The report says a high level of carbon monoxide was found in the building, but was highest in that specific unit.

Authorities have not released the name of the victim or the source of the gas leak.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.