Carbon Monoxide Fills Home After Car Left Running in Garage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DES MOINES, Iowa  --  Des Moines fire crews were called to a home on 68th Street on reports of carbon monoxide.

Officials say someone left a car running in the garage and closed the door while one person was asleep inside the home.

Firefighters recorded 150 parts per million of CO in the bedroom, which is a high level. The person was checked out and is okay.

The home was ventilated.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.