Cigarette to Blame for Causing Urbandale Apartment Fire

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

URBANDALE, Iowa -- A cigarette is being blamed for causing an apartment fire that left five people without a home.

Urbandale officials are calling the fire accidental, after smoking material was improperly disposed of outside the building. They say a cigarette ignited the outside of an apartment complex in the 2600 block of Patricia Drive Sunday afternoon.

High winds helped the flames quickly spread. No one was hurt, but five people were displaced.

Damage to the building is estimated at around $55,000.

Popular

Latest News

More News